Sunday, July 20, 2008

Audrey's Story


I don't know how I ended up at the shelter. I didn't do anything wrong. I know I certainly didn't do anything to deserve that, because I've always been a very good girl. Why would someone leave ME in a place like that? I don't think people realize that a shelter is a scary place for a dog - especially an older, blind dog. All the unfamiliar sounds and smells were overwhelming. I was so scared because I had no idea where I was or what was happening to me, and I just felt so alone in my darkness.
Lucky for me, the nice people from BTRGH stepped in and saved me. They saw past my age and my blindness, and do you know what else? They didn't even mind that I'm only part Boston Terrier!! They saw something special in me that no one else could see. They saw a kind and loving soul who didn't deserve this cruel fate. They saw how big my heart is and how much love I have to give and they knew that they couldn't leave me behind.

No comments: